Episode 1: Spain's new coalition government
Welcome to the new podcast. We must first talk about Spain’s new left-wing minority coalition government. It is the country’s first coalition in the modern democratic period. Will it work? The longer cycle of Spanish politics we’re in goes back to 2014. Podemos suddenly appeared at the European elections, King Juan Carlos immediately abdicated and the Socialist Party chose a new leader: Pedro Sánchez.
- Pedro Sánchez, Pablo Iglesias, Podemos and the PSOE
- Catalan Republican Left, Quim Torra and Catalonia
- The 2014-2020 political cycle in Spain
- Fragmented, divisive, polarised national politics
- The PP, Ciudadanos and Vox react to Sánchez
- Political ideology in Spain's classrooms
- The separation of powers and the new government
- What will Sánchez do to Spain and its Constitution?
Listen to the Bennett in Spain podcast here:RSS, Apple Podcasts, Spotify, iVoox, Stitcher, TuneIn, SoundCloud, YouTube, Facebook
Guarantee independent journalism
100% readers. No ads, no spam, no political parties, no corporate sponsors. You guarantee this free journalism. Independent reporting, independent editorial choices and analysis, independent stories about Spain.
- Click on the guarantee you wish to make
- Make sure your tax country is correct
- Enter your email address and credit card details
- The server will check your card and do some sums…
- Click "Guarantee journalism now"
- That's it, done, welcome aboard, you will get a confirmation email
- You can print receipts or invoices for all your contributions in "My Account"
- Any problems or questions, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Get the articles straight in your email inbox. In English and/or Spanish. No ads, no spam, just reporting and analysis. Readers guarantee this journalism. Join them.