1. The day of the Spain's official state homage to the victims of coronavirus has arrived. How many official dead will there be at the end, when the time comes? You can watch the event live here: https://www.rtve.es/directo/la-1/
3. TVE journalist Ana Blanco reads the introduction. Spain's former Prime Ministers are present. Abascal retweets himself: “Vox will not attend any tribute turned into a ceremony to remove blame from the government.”
7. Is that it? About 45 minutes. One state minute for every 1,000 dead in the MoMo. Flowers, the flame, the minute of silence, a short poem, a few words from the King, words from a nurse, words from a relative and a TV presenter as master of ceremonies.
10. Aragon regional government orders 92,700 minks killed because of a coronavirus outbreak on the farm: “they will be slaughtered with gas and destroyed in a waste plant,” reports Heraldo. https://bit.ly/3eAlRbq
14. Nationally in Spain, cases with symptoms starting in the last 14 days have quadrupled since the end of the state of alarm on June 21 (x 4.13): from 740 to 3,054. Total cases at 14 days have doubled (x 2.19): from 3,801 to 8,313.
15. All versions of “recent” are rising in the Health Ministry pdf. 3,054 cases with symptoms in the last 14 days, 1,023 cases with symptoms in the last 7 days and 580 cases “the day before”. All Health Ministry data, all going up.
Your support guarantees the future of independent journalism.
Every reader counts and it all adds up, whether you choose $5 or $10 or $25 each month.
You invest directly in better reporting and more detailed analysis—in English and in Spanish—of the most important stories affecting Spain. The truth about how Spain is changing.
20x30cm trip prints
Spain News Fan
Full resolution images
Supporter Of The Truth
Support the truth
Your : €/month
Which country do you pay taxes in?
Well done! Your payment has succeeded. Welcome aboard. Please check your email now.
Thank you very much for your extra support. You are a hero of free journalism.
Please log in first…
How does it work?
Click on the you wish to
Make sure your tax country is correct
Enter your email address and credit card details
The server will check your card and do some sums…
Click "Support independent journalism now"
That's it, welcome aboard, you will get a couple of emails
If you would like to a larger , please click here
You can print receipts or invoices for all your in "My Account"
Any problems or questions, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Get The Spain Report by email
Get original, detailed, independent reporting and analysis of the stories changing Spain. Full-text articles delivered right to your inbox, in English. You can also choose to get them in Spanish. No ads, no spam. Just readers.
What is The Spain Report?
Independent reporting and analysis of the most important stories changing the country,
written by Matthew Bennett, a British journalist who has been living and working in Spain for most of the past 20 years.