Covid changes a Spanish hospital emergency room
For the first time, a hospital in Spain, the Queen Sofia in Murcia, has allowed a journalist full and free access to document the struggle of its doctors and nurses with coronavirus, eight months after the pandemic began.
In this first report, the healthcare workers explain their work since March, and how they have had to adapt, the suffering coronavirus uncertainty means for their patients, and why not everybody gets a test if they turn up at the emergency room.
Filmed on November 15, 2020.
Guarantee independent journalism
100% readers. No ads, no spam, no political parties, no corporate sponsors. You guarantee this free journalism. Independent reporting, independent editorial choices and analysis, independent stories about Spain.
- Click on the guarantee you wish to make
- Make sure your tax country is correct
- Enter your email address and credit card details
- The server will check your card and do some sums…
- Click "Guarantee journalism now"
- That's it, done, welcome aboard, you will get a confirmation email
- You can print receipts or invoices for all your contributions in "My Account"
- Any problems or questions, email: email@example.com
Get the articles straight in your email inbox. In English and/or Spanish. No ads, no spam, just reporting and analysis. Readers guarantee this journalism. Join them.