Regional health minister in Murcia refuses to resign after paper reports he received Covid vaccine early
Regional Parliament, Cartagena, Murcia
The regional health minster in Murcia, Dr. Manuel Villegas, refused to resign this morning after jumping the Covid vaccine queue, and saw no moral wrong in doing that before all the staff in the hospitals he manages, or the old people suffering in care homes and coronavirus wards.
Update: Villegas did resign later on in the day, at a 6 p.m. press conference with the regional First Minister, López Miras.
Guarantee independent journalism
100% readers. No ads, no spam, no political parties, no corporate sponsors. You guarantee this free journalism. Independent reporting, independent editorial choices and analysis, independent stories about Spain.
- Click on the guarantee you wish to make
- Make sure your tax country is correct
- Enter your email address and credit card details
- The server will check your card and do some sums…
- Click "Guarantee journalism now"
- That's it, done, welcome aboard, you will get a confirmation email
- You can print receipts or invoices for all your contributions in "My Account"
- Any problems or questions, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Get the articles straight in your email inbox. In English and/or Spanish. No ads, no spam, just reporting and analysis. Readers guarantee this journalism. Join them.